- We follow Exceed Preschool Curriculum to provide a quality childcare environment. Our Exceed Curriculum is a theme based program that allows children opportunities to explore and develop mentally in appropriate classroom settings. Children experience large and small group guidance, along with individual assistance while exploring the areas of Language, Math, Science, Culture, Music, and Art.
- As part of their learning environment, students participate in Focus areas and circle time activities on a daily basis. In addition, socialization is encouraged throughout the daily activities as an integral part of their learning experience.
- Our curriculum guides teachers to ensure children attain all age appropriate skills and concepts.
- Children need daily schedules that present skills and concepts in a manner appropriate for their specific age. When these guidelines are followed in the classroom, children feel empowered because they know what to expect and can feel control over their environment. Children are learning to become independent and make appropriate personal decisions within a group setting of their peers. Our curriculum also provides accurate assessments for measuring the individual progress of the child.
Our infant room program is designed for children six weeks old to approximately one year. The teachers in our Infant rooms have an intangible quality of love and care giving for your child. Throughout the day teachers cuddle and talk to your baby. Our low teacher-to-infant ratios ensure your child will be in a nurturing, safe and affectionate environment. We are dedicated to meeting your child’s physical and emotional needs in a way that will give you comfort when your child is in our care.
- Daily reports that include feeding times and amounts, sleep time and duration, and diapering times.
- Capability to send these reports electronically in real time basis.
- Individual cribs that are never shared.
- Daily laundry for all infant room linens.
- Low teacher-to-child ratios that insure your child’s safety, happiness and well-being.
- Infants develop physical coordination and build motor skills with age appropriate lesson plans.
- Gross motor skills development leading to rolling, crawling and walking.
- Contact surfaces and toys sanitized throughout
- With parental approval, photos of classroom activities sent weekly.
Our Junior Toddlers program is designed for children ages twelve months to twenty-four months. The Toddlers daily schedule provides more structure than the infant room, allowing them the opportunity to learn new skills and develop daily routines. Teachers have daily lesson plans that are developed through our age appropriate curriculum.
The classroom is designed in a way to help toddlers feel safe to move and explore. Throughout the day there are activities that develop gross motor skills as well as fine motor skills. Developmentally appropriate equipment and toys are used in the classroom to encourage learning through play.
Your toddler will hear a kind voice and gentle touch and know they are truly loved by Woodhaven Academy teachers.
- Low teacher-to-child ratios allows for more teacher support and guidance.
- The toddler curriculum is designed to grow cognitive, sensory, emotional and physical development.
- Spanish is introduced as part of the curriculum.
- Teachers follow weekly lesson plans.
- Daily reports for each child to inform parents on nutrition information, activities, and diapering. Capability to send daily reports electronically on
real time basis.
- Toddlers have their own playground for two outdoor physical development times per day.
- Linens are laundered in house on a weekly basis.
- Toddlers are completely on the center’s nutritional balanced menu.
Our Senior Toddler program is designed for ages from approximately twenty-four months to thirty-six months. Our teachers focus on social, emotional, cognitive and physical needs of the children. Senior Toddlers are an active group, with our low student to teacher ratios we are able to keep our children happy and safe. The environment of the classroom is designed to facilitate motor skill development as well as social skills through center structured play. Our Senior Toddlers build language skills through story time, music, and games. Fine motor skills are developed through drawing, arts and crafts.
- Weekly lesson plans are posted and daily schedules are followed.
- Low child to teacher ratios.
- Potty training is a priority in this classroom. The classroom is equipped with bathrooms that have appropriate size toilets which expedite potty training.
- Daily reports for each child to inform parents on nutrition information, diapering, and activities.
EARLY PRESCHOOL THREES
Our early preschool classrooms are designed to prepare children ages three years to early fours for the transition to Pre-Kindergarten. Our curriculum promotes problem solving skills and the importance of learning through play. Age appropriate lesson plans challenge children in developing cognitive, emotional, social, and language skills. Each classroom is divided into different centers allowing children to explore and gain independence.
- Low teacher-to-child ratios allow guidance that helps build self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Children develop social skills as they learn through play.
- Weekly lesson plans and daily activities posted outside of the classroom.
- Classrooms have learning centers designed around national accreditation standards.
- Classrooms are designed for centered play with independent and social play.
- Strong parent communication from teachers and management.
The private Pre-Kindergarten program at Woodhaven Academy provides an educational and engaging environment for children. Teachers guide the students throughout the day with group discussions, interactive play, and individualized lessons. Within the classroom, family participation is encouraged through projects and special programs. Woodhaven Academy’s private Pre-Kindergarten program focuses on what is best for each individual child and family to guarantee ultimate success in Kindergarten.
Each student receives a consistent level of individual attention to ensure success in math, reading, and writing skills. One-on-one academic attention builds a solid foundation for entering Kindergarten.
- Our program is designed to develop the needs of children ages four and five years old.
- Learning centers designed around national accreditation standards.
- Weekly lesson plans and daily activities posted outside classroom.
- Science exploration and cooking activities.
- Music and Spanish enrichment lessons provided.
- Literature rich environment to build reading skills.
- Focus on family communication.
- Low teacher-to-child ratios allow direction and guidance which helps build self-confidence.
- Learning through play developing social skills.
- Indoor and outdoor physical activities.
Woodhaven Academy offers a summer camp that is safe, fun, educational, creative, and has plenty of physical activity! Our staff designs themes that have exciting activities and events for your child.
- Multiple field trips per week.
- Supervision for field trips is managed by low teacher-to-child ratios.
- Weekly visits to our in-house water park. Campers enjoy a refreshing trip through our sprinkler based system.
- Weekly arts and crafts projects.
- Calendars are available in spring to help you plan your summer schedule.
- Different themes every summer that are designed by the staff.
AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM
Our school age program is designed for elementary school children. At Woodhaven Academy your child will be in a safe and friendly environment. We are committed to supporting their homework activities. Teachers are available to answer questions and provide tutoring assistance. We have a strong track record of success in facilitating homework which gives students more free time at home.
- Students have daily outside times where they play sports and games that build sportsmanship and cooperation.
- Woodhaven Academy provides transportation from multiple elementary schools.
- The school age classroom provides a variety of centers where students enjoy arts and crafts, drawing, writing, and many more activities.
- Woodhaven Academy provides care for children during public school closings.