Our Junior Toddlers program is designed for children ages twelve months to twenty-four months. The Toddlers daily schedule provides more structure than the infant room, allowing them the opportunity to learn new skills and develop daily routines. Teachers have daily lesson plans that are developed through our age appropriate curriculum.
The classroom is designed in a way to help toddlers feel safe to move and explore. Throughout the day there are activities that develop gross motor skills as well as fine motor skills. Developmentally appropriate equipment and toys are used in the classroom to encourage learning through play.
Your toddler will hear a kind voice and gentle touch and know they are truly loved by Woodhaven Academy teachers.
- Low teacher-to-child ratios allows for more teacher support and guidance.
- The toddler curriculum is designed to grow cognitive, sensory, emotional and physical development.
- Spanish is introduced as part of the curriculum.
- Teachers follow weekly lesson plans.
- Daily reports for each child to inform parents on nutrition information, activities, and diapering. Capability to send daily reports electronically on real time basis.
- Toddlers have their own playground for two outdoor physical development times per day.
- Linens are laundered in house on a weekly basis.
- Toddlers are completely on the center’s nutritional balanced menu.